Monday, October 11, 2010

Angry Alfredo Sauce

I named this recipe ANGRY ALFREDO SAUCE, because I was complaining when I threw it together. (For my non-vegan friends.)

INGREDIENTS and HOW-TO

Cut off a hunk of butter (1.5-2 Tbsp)

Grab a little less than 1/2 a block of light cream cheese (3oz+)

Melt it together in a small saucepan over medium. You need to stir it to get it to melt together, but it might not, so feel free to give up on that part. I did.

Add chicken broth to get it to the consistency of milk. (You will probably use up to 2 cups, total.)

Cook and stir until you mutter one problem with the universe.

Put 1 Tbsp. flour in a small dish, and add a little chicken broth to it. Stir to make a paste and get rid of lumps, then add this to the sauce.

Dump in parmesan cheese (we use parmensan romano blend). How much, you ask? Just think of how the universe made you cranky earlier in the day, and give it a good shake, out of the side with the largest slot. (prob. 1/3 cup or so?)

Stir.

Forget to add salt and seasoning.

Say carp.

Grab the garlic salt, and add to taste (1/8-1/4 tsp.) Add 1/4-1/2 tsp salt (to taste).

Or do what I did, don't taste it, because if you are like me, you'll get a nasty stomach ache, which, of course, will make you curse the universe again.

Stir and cook until you feel better, and the birds start singing. Or at least four minutes.

Feed it to your sister. Hear her rave about it. Give her the recipe. Thank her for listening to you verablize all sorts of things. Catch yourself smiling and feeling better about the day.

Apologize to the universe.

The End

(And, yes, I'm still doing the vegan thing, so I can't vouch for how this tastes.)

3 comments:

  1. Excellent, excellent! Sounds delicious, plus the most entertaining recipe I have read in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Pre-vegan days, I LOVED this stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete