Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day Two of the Conference

The second day of the Future Horizon's Autism Asperger's SuperConference was the most anticipated, by far. Not only by me. Not only by my sister. But by the attendees, evident by the crowded room.

Wearing her trademark shirt and tie, Temple Grandin started the morning. And she started on time. And heaven help anyone who forgets to hold her hotel room for her. (Of all the people to overbook...)

Temple Grandin was remarkable. She squeezed more into 90 minutes than anyone I've ever heard. And she was efficient, entertaining, and enlightening. Unlike the day before, the room was quiet as all eyes and ears tuned into her. Personally, one point that stuck with me was about thinking in pictures. I thought everyone did that. On the ride home, I asked my sister how she thinks. She says that she can picture things, but that's not typically how she thinks. I'm still pondering all that...

I can't even begin to touch on what she covered. But I do encourage everyone to seek her out.

She made me feel better about myself. And, most importantly, my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment