Monday, November 8, 2010

More on the Autism Asperger's Conference

The speakers at the Conference were absolutely amazing. Carol Kranowitz had us move around, and reminded us that sensory-filled moments are often the most fondly remembered. Dr. Jed Baker followed, although I missed some of his talk, as I took time to meet other moms, dads and therapists outside the conference room.

There were so many amazing people I met. And I hope they will share their stories, as well. Some could relate to our journey. Others had experiences altogether different, and that's ok. We can all learn from each other. But we need to take the time to learn. To hear.

And that was one disappointment of the Conference.

The teachers, therapists, and other professionals who sat around us, talking throughout the presentations. And a few folks chatting on their cellphones, even.

Maybe they can talk and hear at the same time. I know I can't. And I can't hear the speaker's voice when others are filling the air with their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment