Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December Already?

In the early morning rush as I grabbed my phone to check the time, I couldn't believe my eyes. Right there in front of me were the characters: Dec 1.

December? Already?

Sure, the lights are up around the neighborhood. Gift lists are long and money short. (Who knew a blown head gasket would make for such an unexpected and lavish "gift" for my husband and me this year? As they say, timing IS everything.) And don't even get me started about trying to convince my teen that a "wish list" is not a "check list"...

Like many others, some of my gifts will be handmade this year. And, like many others, if I don't get going, they won't ever be finished, will they? Don't get me wrong, I love my job as a certified handmade artisan, but this is the first year I've found myself in my studio having to make sure I pull from my "personal fabric stash" (and we quilter's all have a fabric stash!), and not the "business fabric pile". And I need to schedule time to do that. And I need to get going.

Are you having a handmade holiday? Do you make it yourself, or have a favorite artisan small business or two you love, who have the perfect gift ideas? Feel free to stop by my JCA facebook page and post a link to the shop, or share your own handmade project ideas. Have any advice for this sensory-saturated time of year? Or concerns you’d love to throw out there, and reel in a suggestion or two? Post it on the “Asperger’s in Pink” facebook page. No doubt, times are tough. Let’s help each other through it.

~ Peace

All I ask is that links and content be relevant and family-friendly!

No comments:

Post a Comment