Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Introducing...Kristina

Those of you familiar with my artsy side have no doubt heard me mention my passion for Autism Awareness. In fact, a section of my ArtFire studio is dedicated to original pieces that either work to further Autism Awareness (specifically Asperger's Syndrome) or stem from that passion.

And those of you familiar with me from the autism community probably already recognize the name in the title of this week's post: Kristina.

Kristina has Asperger's Syndrome, an Autism Spectrum Disorder. She is also my incredibly strong daughter, and is often referred to as "the star" of my book, "Asperger's in Pink". When writing it, I, in essence, did the talking for her. But now she's a little bit older and it's time she speaks in her own words.

Kristina is blogging under Asperger's in Pink, right here on blogger. After all, it's her story, right?
Kristina is tweeting, too: http://twitter.com/Kristina_AIP

She's just starting out, and neither of us are sure how frequently she'll post or tweet, but when she does, you can rest assured that those words are 100% hers, and hers alone. She would love it if you would follow her on this portion of the journey. Meanwhile, if you have any questions, or concerns, even, feel free to direct them to me. I will continue to run this blog as I have been, posting about anything from art to autism, because, as I write in the book, life consists of more than just a few segments. That isn't changing.

As for Kristina? I'm looking forward to reading what she writes. And I am so proud of her that she is choosing to continue to share her voice with the world.

Welcome, Kristina! Welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment