Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Taking the Week Off


It’s a few days before Christmas, and I’m taking the week off. If I’ve learned anything over the past year, it’s that I still take on more than any sane soul is capable of conquering. And if I’m honest with myself, I’ll admit that trait isn’t changing any time soon. But I am going to stop for a moment, take a break, smell cookies as they bake, and stare at the glowing lights that calm the soul during times of stress and unknowns.

copyright 2011 Julie Clark Art
My daughter is growing up so fast. And I need to stop, take time for her (and my husband). The to-do lists will still be there. Articles to write, books to ponder, and bills…oh, those bills…they never go away, do they? But a few days unplugged are welcome, and I hope you are able to do the same.

So, for now, sit back, relax, and enjoy this time spent with your family.

Best,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment