Such has been late February through today.
2012 started with grand dreams, big plans and a vision that meant a full push forward on many fronts. Speaking engagements, new writing, new book work, growing my small business, and keeping track of a teen who is growing so fast I want to put my head in the sand.
Then February ended with a bang. Literally. As my regular readers know, my husband suffered a subarachnoid hemorrhage - bleeding on the brain. Thankfully, he is doing rather well. However, the recovery process has been quite slow, and left us reprioritizing so many things, as is often the case for anyone who has undergone anything similar.
Let's not forget writing one of THE most boring blogs of my life. Boring, but practical and important, nonetheless.
But it's time to pick up where things left off, moving forward with a new perspective and an increased drive.
So, what's on tap for the remainder of 2012? Here are the grand plans, and a few announcements!:
|Photo of South Hall, Geneseo, from April speaking engagement|
- Continue speaking on Asperger's and Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Interested in having me speak? Send me an email and we can go from there!
- Work on a second book
- Changing the name of the fiber side of my small business from "Julie Clark Art" to "Wave & Willow, a Division of Julie Clark Art". (After all, it's a bit of a stretch to call a tote a piece of fine art...)
- As far as my Etsy shop is concerned, it's just a name change. Typing in "Julie Clark Art" to find it should still work for a month or more.
- Watch for a new website for Wave & Willow to emerge, with a focus on giving back - but it will be a bit. It will be a combination of my practical and fine art pieces with an emphasis on Autism Spectrum Awareness, as well as sustainability. Stay tuned!
- The Facebook page will remain under "Julie Clark Art" as "Wave & Willow" is simply a division of my small business.
- For the remainder of April, a minimum of 5% of ALL sales from my Etsy shop will go to benefit the Autism Society of North Carolina!
Ok, so it's sideways...
- I've got a bran' spankin' NEW author page on Facebook! Click HERE: Author, Julie Clark to find it and "like" it.
- This is where to go to find information about upcoming interviews, speaking engagements, blog posts, as well as personal bits from time to time.
|Wave & Willow|